Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A little bit of Fall work/fun!

So yesterday afternoon Steve and I discussed that we needed to rake leaves? Sounded like work? LOTS of work? So we just sad and made other things that were probably not so pressing - our Priority One for the day and ignored the daunting task that loomed over us!

At 3:00 Kyle came home from school as usual. But the unusual part was that he was GRUMP monster. Didn't want to play with our dear friend Benjamin who was waiting for Kyle to return with baited breath. Benjamin had been waiting all day to see his friend and Kyle got out of the car and looked him dead in the face and said, "I don't want to play with you...I don't want to play with anyone...I want to go inside!" Well Benjamin was beside himself with disappointment and I quite honestly...was a bit embarrassed of how Kyle had acted! So rude!

I let Kyle go inside and I was sitting on the front porch playing with our neighbor...trying to make up for my SON! When the idea hit me...If I rake a pile of leaves...then kyle will be happy and want to come back outside!

And what an idea it was. One of my better ones (as I don't have that many good ones to begin with!). Kyle came running out and so did Ben and Will...Benjamin and Bradley joined in and they had a grand time. Now after a few jumps...they wanted MORE leaves...so I raked more! Then even that was not enough...so I continued to rake. Next thing I know...Steve has the leaf blower in the back yard and we are making piles to be reckoned with! By the end of the night we had 5 VERY tired children and every leaf in the yard was ready to bag! Now how did that happen? Was it work? Take a look at these photos and judge for yourself!!

Click to play
Slideshows, scrapbooks, and ecards | Powered by Smilebox
Make a slide show, scrapbook, or ecard

2 comments:

Erica said...

Thank you for sharing that! And, thank you, for trying to make my Benjamin's day!!!! He so loves you and Steve (and well, your kiddos, too). But, now I understand why he told me today that Kyle was not going to be his friend today unless he wasn't so grouchy! Funny stuff! Boys are like girls in so many ways, huh??? Emotional...needy???? hehe. Thank you for loving my little guys so much. It is returned ten fold!!!

dandsratz said...

OH MY WORD!! These are the CUTEST pictures!!! And with that music, it makes me want to go jump in a pile of leaves!! Renee, your boys are SOOOOOO precious!!!!!