Thursday, January 3, 2008

All expectations met....oh the magic of Christmas!

This holiday season we were able to be home for Christmas Day, have Nana and Pop Pop to our home, spend a day in Williamsburg, Visit with our life long friends in Washington DC, Travel to PA to see my family and just have one heck of a crazy fun time! One funny story and then I will just share photos that sum up the wonderment of our Holidays this year!

The one thing that Ben and Kyle wanted for Christmas that I had NO CONTROL over...was snow! I talked to mom and dad and they said that DuBois had 5 inches on the ground...so I was confident that when we made our trip to PA after Christmas...that this wish would be granted. We bought boots...gloves...EVERYTHING we needed to make snow play fun and comfortable!

All along out 9 hour drive the kids kept saying...I don't see snow yet mom? And I would say...just wait till we get to Grandma and pop Pop's! Now...in DuBois, PA...there is ALWAYS snow! It is the highest point east of the Mississippi along the mountain range. I mean...it ALWAYS snows!

What my parents failed to let me know was that the very day we were traveling...the temps in DuBois, PA reached a record high for December - 43 degrees!

Yeah...as you can imagine....the snow was gone by the time we got there. So sad. All that was left of snow was this pile of dirt/leaves/dirt/ice...that lay beside the kitchen door. It was the remnants of snow shoveling to allow everyone to get to the outside world without killing themselves! It had an old metal snow shovel shoved in the middle and it was about a foot high and maybe 1 food wide!

So when we arrive in DuBois I try to not mention the "lack of" snow...just hoping that the kids will be so excited to see our family that they will forget their dreams and avoid utter despair.

As we walk inside the house Kyle looks at the pile and then looks at me and says - with a look of sadness - Mom...is this what we sled ride on and make snow balls with? Oh how sad!!

I explained that the snow had melted and they all three looked at me like "THEN WHY ARE WE HERE? WHY DID WE JUST DRIVE ALL THAT WAY...LET'S GO HOME!"

Well...no forecast for snow the entire time we would be in PA...but as luck would have it...on the day before New Years Eve...it started! And it snowed all night long...3 inches that covered the trees the ground and the cars. When they woke up that morning the looks on their faces were priceless! By 8am we were on our sleds and throwing snow balls! Every Christmas wish now granted! The world was a prefect place! Someone must have knows how important this was to my little men! And I am forever grateful!

Click to play Christmas+2007
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Renee, I am so happy those sweet Mongold boys got to get their hands cold and wet with some snow! They look so happy. Also, glad Steve stood in front of the cliff so they didn't fall off :) Christmas time is so magical for so many reasons, and one of those reasons is friendship. SO, thank you for making the Zayac Christmas more magical. We love you guys! And Willow too :) hehe

Erica said...

So I just noticed I picked the same border for my slideshow! I am sooo sorry! Let it be known, Renee had it first!

LoveBKW said...

Well...it was the only border that allowed for 50 photos!! All the others were like 25 photos and that just was not enough to experience to magic!! ha ha h!!

And hey...great minds think alike!! :)

dandsratz said...

Renee, HOW FABULOUS! I loved all of those pictures!! So many things that TOTALLY caught my eye....FIRST the fabulous snow!!! Those pictures are as close as we may get to it this year!! :) The boys peeing...absolutely hilarious!! :) (Thus the reason boys are SOO great!!) The turtle in the huge tuperware...is that ya'lls???? HOW FUN!! The boys asleep in the back of the van--the friendship that yours boys share between each other is so amazing, and the love that your family has with each other truly radiates from each of you!! I LOVE the zeal for life that ya'll have, and the way you make all of your moments so fun!! Oh, and LASTLY, and CERTAINLY very importantly, tell Steve, he looks great with his shirt tucked in and his proper belt on while he toured Williamsburg with his parents!! :) What a great story that was!! :)