Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm now convinced that a birthday is a most special day!

I woke up on April 22nd, not even really remembering that is was my birthday. Another day - another year older....grateful for the life I have...and not much into celebrating anything that has to do with "me". I have kids now and they are what matters. parties and presents and cake...are kind of reserved for them! :)

But no matter what I thought because by noon I had heard from my special friends and my family! I love you's on the phone and on the message machine....on my text message screen and in person! My heart has never felt so full! My memories of a weekend spent with my life long friends - who drove and flew many hours to spend time with kids and with me....Special gifts that touched my heart...

I continue to feel blessed and very very lucky, each and every day -but on April 22nd - I felt "special"....truly special. It rained all day and we left the house only to go to McDonalds and Dairy Queen with Uncle Brian in the evening....But my heart felt full all day and I could not help by smile despite the darkness and cold air!

Birthdays are the one day in this world where "you" get to feel special. Not like Christmas, where everyone is in the season, or the 4th of July when everyone celebrates! I love the Birthday tradition that we hold so dear and I wish everyone of you a "special" birthday this year! :)

And THANK YOU to my dear dear family and best best friends for allowing me to feel so love this week! I love you all in a way that words can not express! Thank you!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Renee, I am so very happy you felt so loved on your birthday! I hope you feel that from this side of the road every day. It is amazing how much a quick phone call (a moment out of someone's day) can make in that of another. I know all those that care for you and love you made it clear...and I am so glad they did! I am so thankful for you and your complete generosity with love. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We certainly love you.