Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oh how we will miss our friends and family.....

SEE YOU SOON!!!


Saying goodbye is not the easiest thing for me. I know that this move will bring adventure, new friends, growth for myself and my family, and many MANY other good things....but none of these wonderful things...seem to outweigh...the hurt I feel inside right now. I'll continue to try and think positive and I know that the positive thoughts will win out in time. I'll fake it till I make it. Why? Because I have kids that need to see this whole process as wonderful. Thank goodness for the kids really - they keep me strong and grounded!

I'll just take a second to say thank you to all of the wonderful people who have touched my life here in Hampton Roads - to all of those people...who make it so hard for me to leave here....I thank God for you and for being a part of your lives! I am so thankful to be living a life...that is so full of love and so full of friendship...that I feel sick thinking about leaving my home here.

If I didn't care about leaving...or if the kids and I found this an easy step in our life...now that would make me sad. What I am now is heart broken. Not sad. Sad has such a negative connotation? What I am... is just plain heart broken. My heart is so full of love for all of you and my full heart is breaking a little because I know that I will miss events....babies being born...surprise parties....birthdays....first days of school...graduations...first steps...first words....girls nights...playing in the street...fishing off the deck...beach trips....

Thank you all for making me a part of your lives. A part of these special times both past and present. I'll find a way to stay a part of all that you do! And I'll get back here to live this perfect life with you all once again! Until then....I am a happy person...a full person...and thankful person...because of all of you! The military may take us away from our biological families...but I have a family here. A great big...crazy...fun...loving family! And we miss you all while we are gone! This is not goodbye...but SEE YOU ALL SOON! And I'll keep up the blogging when we get settled in our new home! Cell will stay the same for a while...so when a funny thing happens...or you are sad...or anything in-between comes about....just call me! I am your friend - yoru family...no matter where I am!! :)

Thanks Court for this super photo!!! :)

2 comments:

Erica said...

I love you...all of you. That is all I can say really. And, this heart is breaking right with yours...I can promise you that!

dandsratz said...

Mine is shattering, too!!! This is SO hard, and I'm trying to be positive also...I keep telling my heart, "it won't be long...they are coming back!" I look across the street today though and see two empty driveways--my tears continue to flow and I wake at 3 am, not because of a feeding but because I miss ya'll so already. Please come HOME soon!! :) I LOVE YA'll SO MUCH!