Sunday, December 28, 2008

We are back and life is good

I promise to post pics soon and write more details soon as well. But I just wanted to put a quick note here to say that we are home and life is getting better and better each day. Josh and I both had a bit of a hard time with the time adjustment. I felt like death warmed over for two full days....even was yuck sick in my stomach and that kind of thing! Aghh....but truly - each day is getting better and today I can see the light! The weather is so warm and the sun is shining and it finally does not hurt my eyes! ha ha ha

The kids are taking to Josh much better than I anticipated. They are so nice to him and they taught him to do the stairs and how to play ball etc. etc. Will had a tough time for two days. He said things like "Mom..I don't like him...he slobbers" Or..."I don't want to bath with him...he might poop on me"!!

But last night I was bathing Josh and Will said...can I get in with him. And 30 min later..they were the best of friends. He told me today that Josh might even be his best friends! :) Oh...how wonderful little man Josh is fitting in. He is still timid...but is now giving food to the boys and following them around etc. etc. !

I felt very out of control the first few days as my tiredness was making everything seem so hard! Even Target shopping felt like a chore...but today....I see that it will all be ok! Better than ok!

Thank you to everyone for your kind e-mails and just the amazing love that you sent me each day that got me through this hard time. I will admit, that there were times that I didn't think I was going to make this happen and that I thought maybe I was not tough enough to get through this. But in the end...."We" did it!! :)

Thank you Mom, Alyssa, Brian, Bob, Dianne....Shelli, Erica, Mary Beth, Catherine....Dad, Steve, ....oh my....the list goes one. How very blessed I am....to my travel mates and for all the wonderful comments that so many of my best friends shared with me! You are the reason I am here to have this wonderful day! The only reason!! I love you all. I will post details of my travel and our first days together soon! For now....Bob and Dianne took the two older boys to lunch and the small men are sleeping...so I will sleep a bit with them! My days are better when I make up for my lack of night time sleep with a small nap! Me...napping? Yeah.....I am admitting that it is needed and that is the first step to recovery right!!

Happy New Year!! I love you all!!!

Renee

8 comments:

shunter1019 said...

I am so happy to read your blog!!! People were emailing me asking me if you were ok! I assured them, yes, you were alive but beyond tired! Everyone was so used to your blogs every day that many were going through withdrawl. It was like reading an AWESOME book and then the last several pages are missing!?!?! It was torturing people :) Everyone was mostly concerned with your well being. You are SO lucky to have the friendships and family that you do. You did all of that too girl! You are amazing and all will be back to normal soon(as normal as life with 4 boys, 6 and under will ever be :) ) -the hard part is OVER! YAHOO! He's here, he's perfect and you are both WELL! Tired..but well. Man, if you ever think, "I can't" about anything, then think of this experience, and you'll know you can. I have people that don't even know you personally, saying that when their life gets tough, they think of all you went through alone and they realize they can-NO LIE...you're an inspiration-who would have thunk it, huh!?! I love you, miss you and will talk to u again this week. Miss you girl!!! Shelli

shunter1019 said...

OH, and I was somewhere and came across these two poems and looked them up on the internet to send your way. I thought they were pretty!

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.
But those who make their journey home, across time & miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us
by God's very own hands.


Legacy of an Adopted Child

Once there were two women who never knew each other.
One you do not remember, the other you call mother.
Two different lives, shaped to make your one...
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun.
The first gave you life and the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you a need for love, and the second was there to give it.
One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name.
One gave you a seed of talent, the other gave you an aim.
One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears.
One gave you up ... that's all she could do.
The other prayed for a child and God led her straight to you.
And now you ask me, through your fears,
the age old question unanswered throughout the years...
Heredity or environment, which are you the product of?
Neither, my darling neither.
Just two different kinds of love.
~ Author Unknown ~

Erica said...

We are soo soo soo happy to have you back in the blogging world, and feeling almost like you are normal again! In a few days, Target will be a joy (well, if that is possible with 4 boys in tow...just bring lots of goldfish!) We miss you and love you and are so very proud of you for this amazing feat you accomplished. We are honored to call you family!

Dianne said...

Glad your back safely and things are finally getting back to normal How awesome the kids are starting to bond and love one another!! Shelli is right you are such an inspiration!! Can't wait to see more photos and videos. Blog on were reading. :o) Happy New Year!!

Dianne L

Hospitality Services Network said...

Oh Renee...

I am so overjoyed for you and your family and for Little Josh!!! Adoption is such a wonderful gift - for everyone involved. (And YOU know I know this!!)

Hugs and kisses to all. Keep the pictures coming!
Love you - Kath (aka Aunt Leeni)

Hospitality Services Network said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
High Plains Drifters said...

Hi!

Back when I was on active duty, I knew a lot of folks who went to Asia for adoptions, and while everyone had a great experience, the actual pick-up took the better part of a month and the timetable was completely out of their hands.

It's so good to hear so many stories of folks who got back in time for Christmas. Talk about a Christmas you'll never forget.

Best to the whole family, and all of the families like yours out there.

sara said...

I am so happy to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to update. I know, the sleeping is SO hard. We are sleeping until noon still!!!! Yikes :)

The whole journey was so tough, from not knowing anything in the waiting child program, to gathering all the documents, to the actual trip. YOU handled it with grace, girl!!! You did a good, good, thing!!!

Take your time getting settled in to life as a Mama to FOUR boys...FOUR!! Blessed, blessed boys!! I can't wait for more updates!

Happy New Year!!