So many people are doing this, and asking for others to do it. so here it is? Not sure if I can find 25 somewhat interesting things about me...but I will try!! :)
1. I wish I had the money and the energy for more kids, but I accept that I don't and am OK with that.
2. I am almost 40 years old and am a bit embarrassed to admit that my parents divorce affects me?
3. I miss my brother living down the street so much that it makes me cry.
4. I don't believe that time heals all. I think a heart has to be open to change in order for time to work for you.
5. My best friends in life...the people that I have chosen and that have chosen me to go through this crazy world with... are truly a huge part of my family. In every way. OH...and my bio family is my family in every way too! ha hah a...I feel very blessed in this area - VERY blessed!!!
6. I eat when I am feeling out of control. If I am heavy...I am crazy...if I am thin...I am at my happiest! And the happy has nothing to do with thin...just a bi-product of my eating tendencies!
7. I almost gave away my dog because I felt like I could not handle her. I am glad that I know myself well enough now to make decisions based on how I will feel in the future...when today is not a sane day!
8. I love that my sisiter had a child and a second one on the way!
9. If I could eat Cranberry scones for every meal and not gain a pound - I would!
10. I think I NEED coffee?
11. When I started our adoption process....I really did want a girl. Now that changed the second I saw the faces of all those beautiful children that needed homes. But in it's conception, I did want girl! Just because.
12. I don't love looking older...but I do like BEING older. I would not go back for anything!
13. I love clothes. But I never feel like I buy the right things? I try....but then a week later I think - that's not me...let's try something else?
14. Every time I have a kid - I cut my hair. And every time I cut my hair...I hate it and regret it. Guess I have proven it is not hormonal!
15. Ben has acquired my ability to remember most all things in life in vivid detail. And some days I feel bad for him that he will not be able to forget ANYTHING.
16. I often wonder what the future will bring, and I try to picture how it will look. But I don't stress about it. I have this weird belief that everything will turn out great! No matter what today is looking like. Almost like I refuse to believe there could EVER be a negative long term outcome! Nice to be this way for some reasons...but not very "real" if you ask me!!
17. In my mind...I can still do a back tuck!
16. As tough as I may think I am...being in China - alone - scared me. Really scared me. I think it toned my confidence down a few notches!
18. I work every day to be a better mother, wife and friend. I truly believe I will always be a work in progress.
19. I am not very competitive. I hope my kids get more of a competitive edge than I have.
20. I truly believe that when life gives you lemons you HAVE to make Lemonade. 89% of the things I set out to do- don't end up like I planned - and I have come to accept that and actually kind of like the challenge of finding good in it all!
21. When I have nothing to do? I hate it? I can't ever relax and I love having too much to do. There is a line though - and when I cross it and have TOO TOO much to do...I pull back to the other side of the line!
22. When my friends/family are in pain or are suffering in some way - I feel it with my whole self. I can't separate from it. Not sure I wish myself to be any different, but it can get overwhelming at times to the point where I have a hard time finding happiness. Guess I just need everyone I love to be happy in order to be happy myself...No pressure guys ....really!!!
23. I think I would flunk a 2nd grade geography test.
24. I hear the word Mommy - 10 thousand times a day - and it never gets old. Annoying...yes...but I still love to hear it!
25. I am an inconsistent person. One week I focus on the kids reading...and the next week I am focused on art work? I never make it past one week on a "kid" chart. I even write differently on different weeks! I think I may be 6 people all wrapped up in one - maybe we all are!!