Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Josh we know and love......



Each day I talk to people who ask me...how is Josh?, How is he adjusting? What is he doing new?.... And along those same lines.....So many of my adoption friends have posted wonderful windows of who their beautiful children are becoming! Glimpses of what they are doing each day....what they are learning each month....and how they are seeing the world... I have really enjoyed reading them and I find myself reading them again just to make sure I have not missed a thing!!! So in the words of Midge...."Sara...hope you don't mind if I steal your idea too!!" ha ha ha......






Hey...copying is the highest form or flattery right?!?!






When you turn the TV on....if the show is NOT little Einsteins....Josh will get the clicker....hand it to you and say "Change". And his second favorite Show is Ni-Hao Kilan!





And along those same lines, he has seen each little Einsteins episode so many times that he will say what they characters say - one or two words - before they say it. And they die laughing because he is so proud of himself.



Josh wakes up every morning and plays in his crib - he finally knows that each day will be a good one and each day he will have this same family to love him. I can see it in the way he walks around the house and in the confidence he is showing more and more of each passing moment.



Josh point to everything that we pass each day - counter, bird, tree, car, chair, carpet etc. etc. etc. And when I don't tell him what it is...he says - Mommy....look!



When i say a Mandarin word to josh he shakes his head no a starts pointing to his body parts so that I will tell him what they are in English.



He can walk farther than any of his brother without fussing. And it takes him at least twice as many steps to get to the same place!


Josh thinks the word MUM means look. So when he sees something he wants me to look at he says "mommy....MUM!"



Josh will not go to bed without hugging, kissing and saying night night to every member of the family. We have had to retrieve kids from the woods in order to fill the bill so that Josh can go to sleep without crying. Once this ritual is over...he walks to his crib to be put in!



Josh screams "DADDY" every time Steve walks in the door and runs to him!



If josh does something that he knows is wrong and I say "josh...did you (throw)" or whatever the crime...he will shake his head yes and run to his time out chair on his own.



He copies EVERYTHING Will does. He wants to BE Will. But he sees Kyle and Ben as more like "other" parents. He treats them more like he does me. Hugs and kisses and such. And he does not really fight with them - only with Will. But in the end...Will is his life partner - he LOVES LOVES Will.



Josh brings me a diaper when he needs one and if he is naked...he will always ask to use the potty.



Bath time is our favorite time of the day - we sometimes do it twice. If you don't bath him upon request...he will follow you around the house....saying "Bath" over and over and over...in the same voice, without changing it up a bit.....over and over and over....It is truly - after 20 min of this...a small version of Chinese torture!!



As soon as we get to the park Josh will say "swing" as loud as he can...over and over and over...until we push him. he will NOT quit till he gets what he wants.



Josh still loves his bottle, he can say it clearly and if we don't get it for him...he grabs a kitchen chair...pulls it to the counter....finds a bottle and brings it to you...as if to say "You must have not understood me....THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!" He may truly be 7 and still using a bottle!! I don't have the heart to cut it off!!



Josh has a bear that he calls Bah (just like Will) and he has it with him all the time.



As long as he is fed and has had a nap...the whining is really getting so much better. I think he is replacing whines with words. Very fun for ALL of us - especially me!! :)



Josh's favorite thing to do is dance, listen to music, make music and then dance again! I think he may be the only Mongold boy with rhythm!



He runs into the Y daycare now and says - bye bye mommy!! Back soon!.......He truly knows that i will be back and that he gets to have fun in the mean time. How liberating that must feel for him!



Josh says "lush you" each night to me before bed. And he whispers it in my ear like a secret. It makes me weak and almost cry every night!



He is still very sensitive. If anyone pushes him over...on purpose or by accident...even if he is not hurt...he will cry buckets until the pusher has picked him up and said "I'm sorry". No one else, but the wrong doer, can stop the tears. He needs rectification for his trauma! The boys....pick him up and hug him without even thinking about it anymore...it is now...just "what you do" when you knock over josh! And at 25 pounds...it happens A LOT!!



I have always felt that Josh was a part of this family - even before we brought him home...but now...he feels this way too and it has brought a bit of harmony to our crazy circus!



I compared photos the other night of Josh the day we came home and of him just a few days ago...and the biggest difference is in his hair. It is shiny and the sun glistens off of it. You can no longer see his scalp when the wind blows....and it is actually shorter now than when we got him. It helps me to know that the good food and vitamins are truly making him healthy!



His favorite two foods are "golgish" and "etzels". So that tells me he is a very normal two year old!



Shoes are still a weird place for Josh...some days we want them on all the time...some days we cry to get them on....still can't have them on while the car is moving? Will the shoe weirdness ever end!?! Soooooo wish I understood it all?!?!



We look forward to continued success with our little guy! Each day I am thankful that he came to us. Each day I see more and more that Josh is supposed to be with us! Each week that passes I find a bit of myself coming back into play - as "I" adjust to life with 4 kids - and as I get to know just "who" our little Josh is inside! You have changed me little man. I now believe things that I had a hard time wrapping my head around just a half a year ago! I look forward to an update a few months from now...so I can look back and see just how much we have all grown....together!






3 comments:

shunter1019 said...

Oh how I loved that post. And how I love all the little Mongold men. Josh, you certainly have a special place in Aunt Shelli's heart as we all well know :) We love you and can't wait to play again in just a few days. AND I know I've said this many times, but I'm going on record now....I NEVER thought you whined very much :)
Love you!

Mandi said...

I love that Josh is a dancer! Laney is our little dancer and she could do it all day long. If Laney's throwing a fit, just find the musical toys and she snaps right out. Never misses a chance to shake her booty!

sara said...

Oh my, I LOVE this update! you just HAVE to record this funny stuff so you never forget how far he's come. I, too, can look back at some of the listless pictures (or naughty pictures) and see how far our little girl has come! It is amazing what happens when they "know".

Josh sounds like a funny little dude. I would love to get to see him & to meet your others!! I see a beach vacation in our future!

Miss you, girl!