Wednesday, June 10, 2009

for the record...

Ok...I only post this because it is truly funny! So my whole sob story about how nervous I was about being alone this summer...right? ....afraid of not being able to handle things....blah blah blah......And one of my examples was that something would go wrong at our rental house...right?

Well today I get a message on my home phone after we return from the beach...and yep...it is raining in the kitchen of our rental house in VA? Yep...huge leak...raining in the kitchen! No LIKE!!!. So I have no idea who to call...or what to do! I resort to the Chesapeake yellow pages...found a plumber (after three calls) that took pity on me...and they changed their...we need three days to get there...to ....Ok...ma'am...give us 20 min....and the problem is solved!! ha ha ha

Sometimes it only takes one fear to come true to make a person realize...I have it under control...I'm ok...I took care of it!! :) And that I could have this happen just hours after Steve's departure...well....it should really help my confidence level!!

And on top of "getting it done" today...we did the gym, pool, beach and had drinks with Tisha's awesome sister....while the kids played football on the beach for hours...even JOSH!!

I miss daddy... But "I got this"!! Here's to a new confidence level and a great day! Have a super rest of the week!!! I am sure there will be something bog worthy soon!! Love to all!!

4 comments:

shunter1019 said...

You rock!!! You just needed rain in a kitchen a million miles away to remind you! Got your message but just got settled in...work late and kids....I'll call you tomorrow after the meeting at the school! Love you

Mandi said...

I felt that way every time Ben would leave. Someone told me early on that if it could happen it would happen while he was gone. And there have been plenty of times that it has. There have even been times during the underway that I thought I couldnt do one more day. But I went to bed, got up the next morning and made it through another day. We are awesome strong women that a lot of women could never understand. Awesome job Renee... you got this!

sara said...

You are a rockstar!!!

Erica said...

Oh the Renee I know is back!!! So glad you are feeling better, or at least a bit more normal! We love you!