Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Nice to mee-choo!



Because Josh does not always talk so clear...I think we underestimate what he truly knows and understands.

Since China we have called him Joshee. This what the boys call him, and what Steve and I call him. But outside of our family: School, some of the grandparents, and people in the neighborhood....well...they call him Joshua.

It seems that Joshee has a preference as to what he is called? If I call him Joshee, he will correct me and say - "My JAWA" ;like the star wars characters. Jah - wah. Yep...that's him. (shu) is hard for JAWA to say...the SH mixed with a vowel throws him for a loop!! :)

And to take it one step further - we are in the post office yesterday and JAWA walks up to a lady sorting mail and said, "My JAWA...nice to mee - CHoo!" and then he giggled and walked away. ...And she said back to him, "Nice to meet you Joshua." OH my....she understood him and he just smiled from ear to ear knowing that she had a full understanding of what he had said!! :) Success!!!

It's official...Joshee is no longer....please meet JAWA Mongold! :)

5 comments:

shunter1019 said...

I don't know why, but this sorta made me tear up! Love that boy and so happy that he is blooming so much. WOW! How much a year has brought with this little guy. I love him so much and love all of you. Holidays are hard when you're not close and can't wait to see you in just a few short weeks. LOVE TO ALL MY boys at the Mongold house...and to the mama too! :)

Bill and Midge said...

I love your story about Josh! It really is bittersweet to see them grow up, isn't it? Michelle's speech therapist has been working really hard to get her to call me, "Mommy" instead of "Ma-Ma". I'm not really sure why, but it's supposedly a speech and developmental milestone. But I have to admit, I secretly cheer inside every time she stubbornly refuses. I know Ma-Ma is a special name to her, and I don't care if she calls me that the rest of her life.

Erica said...

Well, I have to admit Joshie, I mean Jawa, has better taste in names than some of his brothers :) Next thing you know he will be saying "meatballs and macaroni" Love you!

Football & Fried Rice said...

That is kind of sad..JAWA growing up?? Not ready, but love that he is understood by others ;) That HAS to make him feel like quite the little man!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Heather said...

OH MY where did baby Joshua go??? He looks like such a big boy now. It doesn't help that all that baby boy hair is gone! He is simply too cute!
-Heather
Lily's mommy