Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One year ago.....

One year ago today, I had one of the most emotionally challenging days of my life. When I looked at the date this morning as I was writing a check, it all came flying back to me! So, I came to my blog and read my post for last December 9th!

It made me cry, and it made me see the world in such a different way...all at the same time. One year ago, I was filled with so much doubt. I could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was scared and heartbroken.....and excited and nervous. I knew that what I was about to do was the right thing for our family, but I doubted my ability to get it done!

If you feel like it - click on the link and read my account of last December 9th! It is definately a tribute today to how great life is! It will remind you of how the darkest days lead you to the brightest of times! I know it reminded me to have faith in myself and my decisions - even when that seems the hardest thing to do! :)

One year ago I embarked on a journey that changed out lives for the better - forever for the better! And I know that I said it one year ago....but today - as I remember it all as if it were yesterday - THANK YOU! To everyone that got me through that crazy time. THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU! Your words, your actions, your love.....I sit here today writing this blog because of you.


http://athousandreasonstosmile.blogspot.com/2008/12/crazy-beginning-to-amazing-experience.html

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow, what a story! Somehow we missed that post amidst our own preparations to make it to Beijing. What a crazy time ... for all of us, but especially for you. So glad that you are home and safe and that Joshua (!) and the boys are doing so well. Love to all!

Football & Fried Rice said...

What a crazy beginning to that crazy adventure!! It all worked out, eh? God has a way of making things happen for the best ;=)

Bill and Midge said...

I had forgotten about your mom until I went back and reread your old blog. We were in the ER one year ago tonight with Bill Jr. I remember being so excited, scared, tired. It was worth every worry, every fear, every ounce of exhaustion.

LoveBKWJ said...

I know....and we were all about to meet for the first time!!! How fun and crazy all at the same time !:) Here's to such wonderful memories of our time together!! :)