Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What will this new year bring....

I was on the phone with a friend this morning and she told me about how she is helping with summer camp at the Amelia Arts Academy. She mentioned that they have a need for another art teacher and suggested that I talk to the director about filling this spot? Great idea....it sounds like a dream to teach kids about art again!! But alas....what will this summer bring?

I can think ahead... only to May. At that point - one of so many things could/will happen. We will probably move, we don't know exactly where....I am excited about most of the possibilities, but anxious about the unknown. The reality is....that no matter what the detailers are speculating for us.....At some point I was to live in Florida....yet ended up back in Norfolk two months before the scheduled move. And at another point I was to live in Washington State...only to find out a month or so before the date...that the Mongolds would reside in Florida?

All great moves, and we have made wonderful friends everywhere that we have gone. We seized opportunities, lived a good life and have stayed very active and happy no matter where! My point...wherever we go...I'll find happiness there! :) I know I can.....

But where? When I think of the SUMMER BREAK this time around I see myself unpacking boxes....driving long distances....hotels.....etc. etc. No summer camps for my kids, no work for mommy....just adjusting - once again - to wherever we go! :)

And on the flip side...I see an adventure...a chance to be closer to the ones we love...new experiences and new friends? Crazy life this is. And most days I don't think much of it.
But when a move is on the horizon...that is all I think about! :)

I'll keep you posted on our news! Just sharing the thoughts that are swimming around in my head this morning! We will know more in February! Inquiring minds want to know....MY MIND!!

10 comments:

wyanne said...

Oh no...this makes me sad. Logan will be heartbroken. We will miss you guys so much....you are the best neighbors.

Bill and Midge said...

Yes, I can so feel your pain. Been there and done that so many times. It reminds me of that verse in Matthew 6 "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow has enough trouble of it's own." Hang in there, enjoy today, and prepare your heart for the next big adventure. I personally hope it's a D.C. tour!(:

shunter1019 said...

Midge, I try not to be a selfish person, but I am not so secretly, but trying to remain neutral on the outside, hoping for the same thing as you! I will be happiest if we get that news, but still extraordinarily happy about ANYTHING closer. Geesh, you're just too darn far now. Funny how life can teach you through the years...when you lived 4 hours from me, always wished you were closer bc it seemed far, but now, 4hours will be a dream and i'll drive it in a heartbeat!!! Lastly, I KNOW 100% that I have no idea about the anxiousness that you must feel- you know me and anyone who does knows I'd personally be a mess, you handle things like this, much better. I say that first because I want you to know that I'm not taking away how heavily this move must weigh on your mind, but from your post, I thought of an "inspirational quote" someone said to me yesterday that I thought may make you smile. When I heard it, I was like WOW...and it put things in perspective. They said, "if you had everyone around you list their problems on a piece of paper and put it in a pile, and then read through that pile, you'd probably quickly take your own list back"!! LOL- loved it and true for me! Love you girl!

LoveBKWJ said...

No joke Shell!!! My own problems are not even problems...just areas of anxiety!! So true that is - what is important in my life...is all in tact! And I thank God for that! :) Great quote! :)

Football & Fried Rice said...

So you seriously don't know anything?!!? What about Iowa? lol. I know, I know - you'd probably rather stick a fork in your eye! Of course, anxiousness is always better than "problems" - but sometimes, we are just exhausted. And want to be "normal" - {sigh}.

How are you going to plan on travel group reunion for this summer if you are moving?

LoveBKWJ said...

I think this is a perfect summer for a reunion...I'll be homeless for a while...need 4 extra kids in Iowa for a month or so!! :) ha ha ha.....oh girl...you make me laugh out loud...and living near you would be WAY better than sticking a fork in my eye!! ha ha ha ha :) hee hee :)

shunter1019 said...

I'll stick a fork in your eye(uh made me laugh out loud) if you move to Iowa. Enough is enough now!!!! ;)

Heather Thompson said...

Before you move I would love to try to meet you in person while you are in Florida;) I'll be praying for you! How often do you usually move?

LoveBKWJ said...

Ok...Heather...I just posted on your BLOG! Please let's get together!! themongolds@gmail.com! E-mail me!! :)

Mandie said...

In the event that you move to Washington State you must let us know. We are in Idaho and if you are driving you might be passing through. I would love to meet Josh and for you to get to meet Everett.