Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Forever in my heart!

Just about two years ago - less a week or so - I received my travel approval to go to China and get our little Joshua Song. In many ways that feels like a lifetime ago, and in other ways if feels like just days ago that I took the journey.



Steve was gone and I would travel alone. Probably have not had that much fear in me at any one time in my entire life. I'm sure there will be greater in years to come. But suffice it to say, as of today...that was and remains, the most stressed and the most fearful that I had ever been.


Who would I meet, would I truly be alone for three weeks? Would I know what to do and where to go? So uncertain and so little control.



But those times is where faith becomes the most necessary part of your being. I did have faith. Faith that I was on the right path, and that I was heading the perfect direction. Faith that it would all work out as it needed to...as it was supposed to.



And so I got on the plane. Fast forward a few days and I was able to realize that faith had put me just where I needed to be. In China, about to receive our baby...and sharing dinner with some amazing people! I knew they were amazing from day one. Friends. And in very short order became a part of my heart that will stay with me for all time!



We struggled together, laughed together, played together and then did that all over again each day! How would I have done this trip without these awesome people? Who the heck knows. But what I do know is that I had faith going into this trip and these people were put in my life for a reason! I thank them for the support and love they gave me two years ago. And I thank them for still loving me and my family today!! And most of all for allowing me to share in their family and to know them as they grow together!!



I was lucky enough to spend the day with two of these special people...and their three awesome kids!



After hours of talking, playing, eating, laughing....no one really wanted to part ways! Especially ME! Felt like 10 min - not long enough...but cherished so very much!



Josh asked me after just one hour of playing with Leah...."I don't want Leah to go home mom...does she have to go home?" Could he possibly remember that she was his first friend? It sure felt like he could!



Ben and Eli played wii football for an amazingly long time. Will, Josh and Jeremy went from thing to thing...just enjoying the day!



Great time! Thank you Smith family...for making my day...my week...my month!! We love you ALL so very much!































No comments: